It seems the poor car salesman has as bad a stigma as politicians, lawyers, telemarketers and insurance agents.
We get it. We’ve all had a bad car salesman experience where it felt like they were trying to force you to buy on the spot, then seemed annoyed when you didn’t take the bait.
Here at Platte City-Airport Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, we’re determined to change this perception which is why we have some of the most amazing and honest car sales representatives around. Our mission is to help you make the best car buying decision. If you’re not ready, we won’t pressure you into a decision you aren’t comfortable with. It’s as simple as that.
Unfortunately, not all dealerships have the same philosophy.
Since we’re good sports, we want to share a some of our favorite funny jokes and digs on car salesman that we think you’ll find humorous:
- What do you call a used car salesmen? A cardealoligist
- Car salesman: “Roll up, roll up! Come to our mammoth sale. Mammoth bargains to be had in our mammoth sale.” Customer: “Forget it! No one round here’s got room in their houses for a mammoth.”
- What type of salesman has the slickest line? A car salesman with greasy hair.
- A couple was looking at one of the more expensive models in the auto showroom. A salesman sensing their debate over the price moved in and said, “This model is priced just over the car which is priced a few dollars above the car which costs no more than some models of the lowest priced cars.”
- A man took a job as a used car salesman. After three days of intensive training, the sales manager told the husband to go home and practice his pitch on his wife. The next morning, the manager asked the husband how he made out. “Well,” the man began, “I did what you said. And after I finished, I asked her if she would buy the car from me. She said, ‘Yes.” When I asked her why, she replied, ‘Because I love you.’”
- How can you tell when a car salesman is lying? Their lips are moving.
- How do car salespeople traditionally greet each other? “Hi. Nice to meet you. I’m better than you.”
- A good way to make a car salesmen uncomfortable is to say “Tell me if you can hear this” and then get in the trunk and start screaming.
- An evil genie captures a car salesman and two friends, banishing them to a desert for one week. The genie allows each person to bring one thing. The first friend brings a canteen so he wouldn’t die of thirst. The second friend brings an umbrella to keep the sun off. The car salesman brings a car door, so that if it gets too hot they can just roll down the window.
- Did you hear about the car salesman who wore two jackets when they painted the house? Because the instructions on the can said: “Put on two coats.”
- Why do car salesmen laugh three times when they hear a joke? Once when it is told, once when it is explained to them, and once when they understand it.
Ouch. Well now that we’ve all gotten a good laugh or two, head on down to our new and used car dealership to see what we mean when our salespeople are no joke! Our transparency, honesty, and friendliness sets us apart from other dealerships.